The best way to manage account takeover is to stop it before it happens. The key to preventing account takeover—know which customers you can trust.
iovation’s Fraud Prevention solution offers an effective and comprehensive approach to account takeover prevention. We’ve developed sophisticated device-based intelligence that uses pattern matching to accurately recognize returning devices and detect behavioral account takeover risk anomalies.
Stop the bad guys at log-in
Our multi-layered approach to stopping account takeover lets you:
- Detect suspicious devices (web and mobile)
- Identify high-risk locations and networks
- Use real-time Iink analysis to connect seemingly unrelated accounts and devices with fraud
- Detect location masking to reveal a fraudster’s true location
- Uncover evasion detection strategies
- Track velocities to detect risky behavior
- Gain insight from client-shared fraud and our device reputation service
Business rules to flag risk
Set customized business rules that help you detect account takeover and thwart emerging attacks. Once a high risk behavior is identified, your custom business rules flag the transaction. Rules can be easily added, adjusted or deleted on the fly, with immediate impact.
Device-based authentication to stop account takeover
Make your customer's device a second factor of authentication. Account takeover fraud can quickly overwhelm fraud teams without a specific strategy in place to combat it. Stolen user names and passwords, along with automated password brute force attacks, are more commonplace than ever before. Device-based authentication creates an additional, strong line of defense against account takeover by pairing your customers' accounts to specific devices that we authenticate and assess for change over time.