Protect your customers and business without hindering engagement.
Reduce or eliminate your dependence on outdated, cumbersome authentication technologies. LaunchKey provides a single, consistent multifactor authentication solution for all customer interactions, from login through to your call center.
Match each transaction’s security to its risk level.
Custom configure our LaunchKey multifactor authentication solution to match risk levels. Fine tune it to require stronger authentication, like biometrics, for your highest points of risk. For lower risk touchpoints, use a simple swipe authorization.
Go beyond alerts to authorization.
Allow customers to approve legitimate transactions or stop fraudulent activity in real time. Let them quickly authorize transactions over a set threshold, or approve a package to be left without signature.
Here’s how LaunchKey multifactor authentication works.
LaunchKey secures every customer’s interaction with you, whether online or offline. Keep customers safe at all touchpoints with multifactor authentication technology that eases their journey instead of slowing it down.
From one swipe authorization to PINs to fingerprints to graphic circle codes; you choose your authentication method.
An easy integration lets customers manage all digital and physical authentication processes through your mobile app.
Allow multiple users to approve requests or transactions, from joint account activity to package signatures and business wires.
Add location to authorization and authentication steps, from address to country, using customer’s mobile device GPS.
Proof of performance.
Dan Dagnall Chief Operating Officer, Fischer
Whether onboarding new users or resetting passwords, our ability to provide enhanced, risk‐based multifactor authentication allows for the global governance of any user attempting to access the identity management ecosystem.
Here’s what you get with LaunchKey Device-Based Multifactor Authentication.
iovation connects you to our team of fraud prevention support service specialists to help you quickly integrate our LaunchKey multifactor authentication solution into your system and customize it for your needs.
- Integrates easily and it’s transparent: embed LaunchKey transparently into your own IOS and Android apps with iovation’s multifactor authentication integration software. Keep your own brand image and experience.
- Platform-flexible: LaunchKey works with virtually any online service.
- World class customer support: our team of experienced and certified Fraud Examiners are here to help. We work with you to solve challenges and get a swift ROI.
- On board training: comprehensive training on how to optimize LaunchKey multifactor authentication to meet your specific business needs, effective evidence placement and more.
- Ongoing education: we also provide continued training on new features and functionality through our help portal, eLearning webinars and our active user community.
Questions? We’ve got answers.
All kinds of people have asked all kinds of questions about LaunchKey. We’ve answered a few of the most popular.
What is multifactor authentication?
Multifactor authentication or MFA is a method of verifying identity using at least two of the three available types of authentication factors: knowledge (something you know, e.g. password or PIN), possession (something you have, e.g. mobile device or token), and inherence (something you are, e.g. fingerprint or facial scan).
How is multifactor authentication (MFA) different from two factor authentication (2FA)?
Two factor authentication uses exactly two factors of authentication. Typically it takes a traditional authentication method, like username and password, and layers another mode of authentication on top. That might be a one-time passcode that is sent out-of-band through a text message. Two factor authentication is actually a subset of multifactor authentication. Multifactor simply means you use two or more factors of authentication:
- Knowledge factors, something you know like a password or pin code.
- Possession factors, something that you actually have in your hand. It could be a token generator that you have in your possession, a bluetooth wearable, or even your mobile device.
- And then inherence factors, those things you inherently are - think thumbprint, or facial scan.
- Two or more modes can be used to verify the identity of the user at login or at any high-risk transaction point. One of the benefits of MFA is that you can deliver the right level of authentication dependent on present risk factors.
How does authorization differ from authentication?
Authentication allows you to verify the identity of a user. Authorization on the other hand, typically uses an authentication method to allow a user to grant permission for a transaction or request. LaunchKey allows you to automate authorization requests, and give you an audit trail. Example uses include:
- Send a request to leave a package without a signature
- Authorize money transfers
- Verify an online credit card charge purchase or one outside the country
- Confirm the addition of a new account or line of service
- Changing account details like email address or phone number
- Validate a shipping address change
- Verifying identity before allowing account changes through the call center
This allows you to establish bidirectional trust with your customers, right in your own app.
What happens if a customer’s mobile device is lost, stolen or replaced?
If an end user’s mobile device is lost, stolen or replaced, they can remotely unlink it using LaunchKey. The user simply unregisters the mobile device with the LaunchKey service, thereby eliminating the ability for that device to receive and respond to authorization requests.
Our experts weigh in on LaunchKey, customer experience, fraud and more.
Ready for the next step?
In just minutes, we’ll show you how to improve your customer authentication experience, stop fraud and save money.