Gambling operators to share best techniques to authenticate players, and prevent credit card fraud and bonus abuse
iovation, the provider of device intelligence for authentication and fraud prevention, today announced that it is hosting its London Gambling User Group on Feb. 1, 2016. The user group provides a platform for online gambling operators to collaborate in-person, discuss fraud prevention strategies and hear from industry experts about how they can reduce friction for loyal customers. It is being held a day before the London ICE Totally Gaming conference, the world’s largest international gambling business event.
“The United Kingdom’s $7 billion online gambling industry is rife with ways that cybercriminals are looking to commit fraud, from colluding in money laundering to hijacking trusted accounts,” said iovation’s Vice President of Product Scott Olson. “It is imperative that operators find ways to reduce fraud while at the same time elevate trusted customer satisfaction.”
The iovation London Gambling User Group is available to iovation customers. At the event, iovation’s Director of Client Services, Melissa Gaddis, will lead a discussion about calculating a return on investment for anti-fraud solutions. “Understanding the costs included in a ROI calculation, and the importance placed on reduced fraud losses verses increased revenue is very important,” says Gaddis. “We’ll discuss uplift components including fraudulent accounts identified through device intelligence, transactions prevented from returning abusers, review costs reduced by stopping repeat offenders and technology infrastructure investments minimized with third-party vendors.”
Attendees of the user group will also learn:
- Ways to effectively manage player policy violations
- How to bridge the gap between payment and know your customer (KYC) departments
- Methods to protect gambling mobile apps
- Considerations for preventing arbitrage betting
- How predictive scoring is used to immediately recognize valued new customers
- Three methods to improve device recognition
- Business rules that have been most effective for detecting fraud
- Ways to participate in iovation’s Fraud Force Community to increase knowledge and get immediate feedback about the latest cyberthreats from peers
For details and to register for the London Gambling User Group, go to https://www.iovation.com/news/events/london-user-group.
The ICE Totally Gaming conference runs from Feb. 2-4, 2016 at ExCel London international convention center. iovation will be exhibiting there in stand #N7-538.
- Financial Fraud Detection and Prevention
- Online Banking Fraud Detection and Prevention
- Online Gambling Fraud Detection and Prevention
- E-commerce Fraud Detection and Prevention
- Insurance Fraud Detection and Prevention
- Travel & Ticketing Fraud Detection and Prevention
- Online Gaming Fraud Detection Prevention
- Online Dating Fraud Detection and Prevention
TransUnion Global Fraud & Identity Solutions unite both consumer and device identities to detect threats across markets while ensuring friction-right user experiences. The solutions, all part of the IDVision with iovation suite, fuse traditional data science with machine learning to provide businesses unique insights about consumer transactions, safeguarding tens of millions of transactions each day.