PORTLAND, Ore. – January 23, 2012 – iovation, the Device Reputation Authority™ protecting online businesses from fraud and abuse, today announced its upcoming panel presentation at the Combating Cybercrime in Gaming Conference on the 24th of January held during the ICE Totally Gaming exhibition at Earls Court in London. Max Anhoury, iovation’s Vice President of Global Sales, will lead the panel, titled Staying One Step Ahead of Mobile Fraudsters, to help attendees understand the latest cybercrime threats and how gaming operators can better protect their business, brand and customers.
Joining Mr. Anhoury for the mobile fraud trends panel will be Darwyn Palenzuela, Chief Technology Officer at Smart Gaming Group and Christina Thakor-Rakin, Head of Operations at Virgin Games. The panel kicks off with iovation sharing worldwide mobile device trends from its global reputation database of more than 800 million unique devices, which includes PCs, laptops, smartphones, tablets and consoles.
iovation offers mobile fraud protection by uniquely identifying mobile devices that touch its clients websites or applications. The company employs a “defense-in-depth” approach to identifying, recognizing and developing a reputation for each mobile device, which includes multiple components and strategies that work in concert to help online businesses fight fraud effectively. iovation’s device reputation service includes both web and native device recognition, with SDKs for iOS and Android available globally. Managing the associations between devices provides opportunities for device re-identification even when evasion techniques are in play.
Attend the Combating Cybercrime mobile fraud panel to learn:
- Mobile gaming offerings available and the progress and challenges posed
- Mobile fraud schemes and how gaming sites detect and prevent them
- The most popular real-time business rules that gaming operators are using to detect and deny fraudulent transactions
- Advanced technologies that will impact your strategy today and in the future
- Regulatory and compliance issues with regard to managing fraud on mobile devices
- Mobile application development and experiences with iOS and Android approval and distribution systems
- Future trends and mobile gaming growth expectations by operators
- Topic: Staying one step ahead of mobile fraudsters
- Presenters: Max Anhoury, Vice President of Global Sales at iovation Inc., Darwyn Palenzuela, Chief Technology Officer at Smart Gaming Group, and Christina Thakor-Rakin, Head of Operations at Virgin Games
- When: Tuesday, 24th of January, 2:00 pm
- Where: West Brompton Conference Centre, Earls Court, London
iovation protects online businesses and their end users against fraud and abuse through our industry-leading combination of shared device reputation and real-time risk evaluation. 2,000 fraud managers around the globe leverage iovation’s database of Internet devices and relationships between them to determine the level of risk associated with any type of online transaction. Retail, financial services, social network, gaming and other companies make real-time queries to iovation’s knowledge base of more than 800 million devices from every country in the world. Every day, iovation stops over 150,000 fraud attempts. For more information, visit www.iovation.com.